Albert Bernadí, a practising lawyer registered with the Il·lustre Col·legi de l’Advocacia de Barcelona (ICAB – Bar Association of Barcelona) with Reg. no. 24290.
I began my professional activity in 1996, after graduating with a law degree from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB – Autonomous University of Barcelona). I entered the field of administrative and urban planning law in 1997, and later that of environmental law. In 2009, I was a founding partner of the practice Palma Rivero Advocats associats, SLP, which became Prodret Advocats, SLP in 2012.
In 2016, with practically twenty years’ experience behind me, I took my career to a more personal level by opening my own practice, Albert Bernadí – Advocat, and offering my services (whenever required, assisted by and in collaboration with other professionals, such as architects, engineers, economists, etc.) in the fields of administrative, urban planning and environmental law, mainly to private clients (natural and legal persons), but also to government agencies and public bodies.
In 2013, I began working as a lecturer at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC – Open University of Catalonia), specifically in the Master’s of Law degree course (administrative law).
After completing my law degree (UAB 1991–96), my academic achievements have included a post-graduate course in administrative law (Universitat de Barcelona 1997) and doctoral studies, specialising in public law (Universitat Pompeu Fabra 2001–2003), which I finalised with the presentation of my research work (‘The Invalidity of Building Permits Deemed Granted by Administrative Silence’).
These have been complemented by further studies in different areas:
- Course in general European Union Law (Jean Monnet Chair). UAB – 1994.
- Law and Environment seminar. GEA-ADENC – 1994.
- Course in urban planning management. ICAB – 1998.
- Course in government procurement. ICAB – 2002.
- Course on the impact of the Spanish Civil Procedure Act (LEC) on the administrative litigation process. Centre d’Estudis Jurídics i Formació Especialitzada de la Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia Centre for Legal Studies and Specialised Training) – 2002.
- Course in local government law. ICAB – 2003.
- Course in land registration law. ICAB – 2005.
- Course in the application guidelines for the Urban Planning Law of Catalonia. ICAB – 2006.
- Course in construction law. ICAB – 2006.
- Course in environmental law. ICAB – 2007.
- Course in urban planning law. ICAB – 2011.
- Specialisation course in environmental law. ICAB – 2016.
- Others (expropriation, tax law, permits, activities, building, decennial liability, data protection, legal terminology, etc.).